May 17, 2013 • Posted by Michelle Mostowy
There are many little functions within the ERDAS IMAGINE interface designed to make the user experience easy and convenient. These tools are often overlooked. Below is a list of tools, some new and some not, to help make your IMAGINE experience smooth and efficient.
- Quick Access Toolbar – Found above the Ribbon, this toolbar remains constant as you move through tabs in ERDAS IMAGINE. You can add any tool or function to this toolbar by right-clicking and selecting Add to Quick Access Toolbar. You can also move this under the Ribbon if you prefer.
- IMAGINE Preferences – We’ve redesigned this dialog to be even easier to use. Preferences are now listed in a folder-style tree structure and a bullet icon indicates if the preference has been changed. Click the bullet to reset the preference to the original default setting.
- Legends in the TOC – Preferences for the Table of Contents pane are now included in the Preference Editor. Included is the ability to load thematic and vector legends directly into the Contents pane, saving you the trouble of loading these in a separate attribute window.
- Associate Elevation Information with an Image – The status bar on the bottom of the IMAGINE interface contains several helpful functionalities, including the ability to associate elevation data to an image. In the space to the left of the rotation indicator, click and select Add Elevation Source, then select a DTM that overlaps the imagery in the viewer. The elevation data will now populate this area when moving the cursor over the image. You can also do image rotation and on-the-fly coordinate conversion from the status bar.
- Recent List from Open Icon – Any time you display the Select Input File icon, right-click on it to see the last 20 files used in IMAGINE. You can define the input or output files by selecting items directly from this list.
- HotKeys – Many functions within IMAGINE have hotkey shortcuts associated with them. To display the hotkey assignments, click the ALT button on your keyboard. First, use the hotkeys assigned to the tab. Then, once the tab is defined, more Hotkeys will display for the functions within that tab.
- My Workflow Tab – For commonly used workflows, you can create a custom My Workflow tab. To create an add functions to a My Workflow tab, right-click on a function and select Add to My Workflow tab. Click on the new My Workflow tab to view the added functions. Use the Tab Editor to organize the functions and assign names to groups.
To become more familiar with ERDAS IMAGINE or refresh your expertise on existing abilities, join us for an in-classroom or online training session. Course dates can be found at http://geospatial.intergraph.com/training.aspx. New offerings are coming soon, so check back frequently!